Karl Friedrich Schinkel ( 1781 - 1841 )
A white marble neoclassical tazza
41.5 x 069 cm (16 ³/₈ x 27 ¹/₈ inches)
The tazza is formed of two pieces; a broad basin with a beaded border above an egg and dart everted rim and two mascarons on each side, and an elegant base with twisted fluting. The marble bowl has been carved to an exquisite thinness, a mere three millimetres at certain points, allowing light to pass through it and highlight the delicate frieze of laurel leaves. Encircling the rim of the bowl in a feat of spectacular precision, a row of marble beads demonstrates the impressive level of skill in the tazza’s manufacture. It is exceptional that such a perfect and finely worked bowl could be made from one piece of marble in the early years of the nineteenth century.
A very important pair of empire ormolu and patinated bronze four-light candelabra. Four others identical examples are still in the throne room in St.James Palace and they were bought directly to Thomire by George IV in Paris(RCIN 11853).
A North Italian fruitwood, walnut, ebony , boxwood, tulipwood and kingwood microcarving portrait relief miniature attributed to Giuseppe Maria Bonzanigo (1745-1820), depicting a standing Mars with cuirass, feathered helmet and sword, holding a spear with his right and a shield on his left hand.
The Mattias De Medici Blue Boys. A pair of Florentine Baroque polychrome lacca wood sculptures with glass eyes attributed to Jacopo Maria Foggini (c.1620–1684). Florence, sixth decade of the seventeenth century